October was a busy month in the infant room as we learned all about Autumn and Halloween!
In Aistear and SESE, we learned all about autumn animals – owls, hedgehogs and squirrels. We learned that some animals are nocturnal and some are busy getting ready for hibernation.
We went on an autumn hunt to find and gather some autumn items.
We explored our sense of taste and tasted sweet, sour, bitter and salty foods.
Integrated Learning Through Play: The following photos were taken during Aistear:
We are very excited about Halloween and have been busy getting ready. We completed the following activities:
- History: Read and sequenced the story ‘Room on the Broom’ .
- Visual Arts: Constructed Halloween spiders and ghosts
- Maths: Designed pumpkins using 2D shapes.
- Science: Created magic potions.
- Music: Learned the songs and actions to the song ‘Ghostbusters’.
We dressed up in our Halloween costumes and had a party!!
Mia turned 5 – Happy Birthday Mia!