To help foster creativity among Irish children and teenagers during this current crisis, John Boyne is running a SHORT STORY COMPETITION, aimed at 6-18 year olds, with lots of book tokens to give out as prizes.
There are 3 categories:
- 6-10 year olds
- 11-14 year olds
- 15-18 year olds
So this is the way it will work:
- 3 categories, 6-10 year olds; 11-14 year olds; 15-18 year olds.
- Each category will have an overall winner who receives € 200 national book token. Each category will also have 5 winners of a € 100 national book token and 10 winners of a € 50 national book token.
- Therefore, each category has a prize fund of € 1,200, making a total prize fund of € 3,600
- All stories to be submitted in word document or pdf to: email@example.com by Wednesday 25th March, 5 pm.
- Stories must be no longer than 300 words.
- Entrants need to include their name, email address, phone number, postal address and age, so I know which category they’re entering.
- Judges will be 6 Irish writers: John Boyne, Anne Griffin, Claire Kilroy, Cecelia Ahern, Paul Murray, Donal Ryan
- The Gutter Bookshop is supplying the book token cards and envelopes but the book tokens are national book tokens so can be used anywhere in Ireland.
- All stories can potentially be shared over the radio on RTE’s Liveline by Joe Duffy. See the following link: https://johnboyne.com/short-story-competition/
Good luck! 🙂