Have a go at some of the below brain breaks!
Please see the padlet attached. It is an excellent resource created by another school. Once you click into the link, scroll to the class your child is in and you will find lots of recommended website specific for your child’s class grouping.
The World of David Walliams is releasing an audio story from The World’s Worst Children every day for the next 30 days!
Keep the children busy with these daily audio treats, perfect for tea and biscuit breaks.
Head to https://www.worldofdavidwalliams.com/elevenses/ each day for the latest story!
Today’s story is “Grubby Gertrude”.
Why not write a book review after listening? Use this template to guide you.
Take a look at this handy self-assessment checklist to ensure you have included all features of procedural writing: https://www.twinkl.ie/resource/roi2-e-2698-procedural-writing-self-assessment-sheet [Free access to Twinkl for a month using the code: IRLTWINKLHELPS. Visit Twinkl.ie/offer to sign up.
I hope you all had a lovely weekend!
I have compiled a list of useful digital learning resources specifically designed for Junior and Senior Infants. Please click on the following link: https://padlet.com/nikkibicks94/gh6lpotjqnh3
I understand that this time is an overwhelming time for everyone. If you have any questions or queries, please do not hesitate to contact me via email; email@example.com.
Starting tomorrow, Monday 23rd March Joe Wicks, The Body Coach is going to be hosting a free workout aimed at kids LIVE on his YouTube channel.
With the schools closed and with us all spending more time at home, it’s more important than ever that we keep moving and stay healthy and positive.
Exercise is an amazing tool to help us feel happier, more energised, and more optimistic.
The workouts will be fun and suitable for all ages and even adults can get involved.
You don’t need any equipment, just tune in to The Body Coach YouTube channel at 9am each morning for a 30-minute, fun workout.
Good morning all 🙂
As it is a lovely day, our activity for the day is a “Spring Hunt”. Go for a walk outside and look out for some signs of spring!
If you wish, take some pictures and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to see what the children are upto!
Have a lovely day everybody!
Some educational publishers have given free access to online versions of books and interactive resources for students and parents for the coming weeks.
CJ Fallon: Parents and pupils can access the online versions of all CJ Fallon books for free. Simply click here
Folens: All digital resources and ebooks can be accessed here: https://www.folensonline.ie/registration/?r=t Simply register as a teacher and use the code: Prim20 when asked for a school roll number.
To help foster creativity among Irish children and teenagers during this current crisis, John Boyne is running a SHORT STORY COMPETITION, aimed at 6-18 year olds, with lots of book tokens to give out as prizes.
There are 3 categories:
- 6-10 year olds
- 11-14 year olds
- 15-18 year olds
So this is the way it will work:
- 3 categories, 6-10 year olds; 11-14 year olds; 15-18 year olds.
- Each category will have an overall winner who receives € 200 national book token. Each category will also have 5 winners of a € 100 national book token and 10 winners of a € 50 national book token.
- Therefore, each category has a prize fund of € 1,200, making a total prize fund of € 3,600
- All stories to be submitted in word document or pdf to: email@example.com by Wednesday 25th March, 5 pm.
- Stories must be no longer than 300 words.
- Entrants need to include their name, email address, phone number, postal address and age, so I know which category they’re entering.
- Judges will be 6 Irish writers: John Boyne, Anne Griffin, Claire Kilroy, Cecelia Ahern, Paul Murray, Donal Ryan
- The Gutter Bookshop is supplying the book token cards and envelopes but the book tokens are national book tokens so can be used anywhere in Ireland.
- All stories can potentially be shared over the radio on RTE’s Liveline by Joe Duffy. See the following link: https://johnboyne.com/short-story-competition/
Good luck! 🙂
Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden are offering live tours of their zoos! Tune in (at 7pm in Ireland) each day to see what goes on!
Dublin Zoo Live Webcam: Did you know you can go to Dublin zoo from the comfort of your own home? Using the following link, catch a glimpse of the giraffes, zebras and rhinos on the African Savanna, get a birds-eye view of the penguins or watch the wondrous herd of Asian elephants bathe and chomp on their lunch with the live animal cams. https://www.dublinzoo.ie/animals/animal-webcams/african-savanna/?fbclid=IwAR3sIzXtov8pQIDYaL1y0tw3ukBIptDkvpJVrBIvssAGmUk4IfzXZdxhSZ0
Yoga: The children loved doing yoga with Muireann while in school. Why not take out the yoga mats and try it from home? The following link will take you to various yoga lessons for children! https://www.youtube.com/user/CosmicKidsYoga