Ballyneale NS is governed by a Board of Management which has overall responsibility for the school, including finance, maintenance staff and the development of the school plan and policies.
The Board of Management works effectively and its members are committed to the work of the school.
The Board comprises of two direct nominees of the Patron, two elected parents (a mother and a father), the Principal and one other teacher on the staff elected by vote of the teaching staff and two extra members proposed by these nominees. The term of office for the Board of Management is four years.
The members of the present Board of Management are:
- Fr. James Brown (Patron’s Nominee) – Chairperson
- J.J.Crowley (Patron’s Nominee) – Grounds Maintenance Officer / Community Liaison Officer
- Michael McHale (Principal) – Secretary / Schools Policy Officer
- Clare Dempsey (Teachers’ Nominee) – IT Coordinator
- Colette Gleeson (Parents’ Nominee) – Assistant Treasurer
- Eugene O’Keeffe (Community Nominee) – Safety / School Premises Officer
- James Walsh (Parents’ Nominee) – Capital Projects / Maintenance Officer
- Shirley Griffin (Community Nominee) – Treasurer