School History

The present school in Ballyneale was built in 1958.  Mr Patrick Power was the first principal.

The children had been previously taught in what is now the Community Hall.

Ballyneale NS was a two teacher school.  However, over the years as the numbers increased a third teacher was appointed in 1983.


A major extension to the school was built in 1995 and the school was renovated.

The number of children attending Ballyneale NS continued to grow.  In 2006 a Learning Support Teacher was appointed.

The renovated school could no longer accommodate the increasing enrolment and in 2008 a further three classroom extension was built at the school and the school was again renovated.

A fourth classroom teacher was appointed in 2011 and a Resource Teacher was also appointed in 2012.

To-day, Ballyneale NS is a six teacher school which includes four mainstream class teachers and two learning support teachers. A Special Needs Assistant is also employed at the school.

Junior Infants
Little Drummer Boy 2008
Medals Galore November
Navivity 1995
old school
25 years in Ballyneale 1996 (Maria O' Meara)
A Visit to the Castle 2005
A Visit to the Castle
An Important Visit
Best Friends (Sept)
Best Friends Sept
Best Friends
Communion Class of 1993
Confirmation 2004
Confirmation Ballyneale 1956
First Holy Communion 1983
%d bloggers like this: